Experience and field of specialisation
- Mohamed DERBEL is a partner at BDO Tunisia and a Chartered Accountant Member of the OECT. He is responsible for the development of the Audit and Tax departments. He is a teacher at the prestigious Higher Institute of Management of Tunis since 2010 and specialist on transfer pricing.
- Mohamed joined BDO in 2000 and began his career as an auditor-advisor to later specialize in Transaction Services and Due-Diligence. He is the author of a book proposing a financial Due Diligence methodology outlining the technical specificities and pitfalls to avoid such missions.
- Mohamed has led several Tax and audit missions in Tunisia, Africa and Europe and has led several Due Diligence missions in the framework of the privatization of companies with public participation.
- He advised several groups in the implementation of governance models but also in the capital restructuring of their holding companies for block share transfers and IPOs.
- Mohamed has been actively involved for 12 years as a local World Bank expert in the preparation of the "Doing Business" report. He is a specialist in “Starting a Business " and "Tax Payments". He is currently a member of the “Task Force” within the ministry of the Economy and Planification to enhance the investment environment and implement Tax reforms.
- His knowledge of the business environment in Tunisia and abroad has been made available to business incubators and young promoters to assist and guide them in setting up and developing their projects (Best prices of the young promoter 2009).
- Mohamed chaired from 2012 to 2016 the text reform committee set up by the council of Chartered Accountants professional body in Tunisia to amend legislation governing the profession of Chartered Accountant in Tunisia.
- Mohamed is the author of several technical articles published in the Tunisian electronic press on tax, legal, financial and economic topics.
- Mohamed has led several seminars and panels on tax and economic topics (Sino-Arab Summit, annual conferences of the OECT, Arab Institute of business leaders ... etc).
- Mohamed supervised several students in their final dissertations on audit, accounting and tax topics.
- Mohamed was elected the personality of the month by the economic tribune in 07/2014.
- Member of Tunisian association of Accounting and Auditing, OECT.
- Member of Tunisian association of Young CPA, AJECT.